Well, it seems Notch and the Mojang team have been burning the midnight oil since the Minecraft Beta 1.6 release last week. They have gone ahead and released 5 Minecraft 1.6 point releases already. Seems kind of quick, but there have been some major bugfixes against the 1.6 release in these updates, so you better grab them. More details about the fixes and features in Minecraft Beta 1.6.1, Beta 1.6.2, Beta 1.6.3, Beta 1.6.4, and Minecraft Beta 1.6.5 after the jump.
Notch highly recommends updating to these releases if you have updated to 1.6 already. The Beta 1.6.5 release seems to have some multiplayer bugs in it, but Notch says that he will update those next week. I wonder what else will be in store!
Minecraft Beta 1.6.5:
- Tweaked the connection reading code a lot. Hopefully this helps.
- Changed the “limit framerate” option to a “framerate cap” option.
- Added “Advanced OpenGL” again
- Players riding anything or sleeping in anything will stop doing so when they leave the game now
- Removed the minecraft version number from the main game window. It’s still available in the title screen
- Fixed some entities appearing to fall through the ground repeatedly in multiplayer (some might still do so)
- Fixed the server sometimes thinking the player hit a corner when walking when they didn’t
- Fixed dropped damaged items vanishing after a single use after being picked up
- Fixed dropped items not getting ejected from blocks properly
- Fixed the achievements window rendering some graphics outside the clip window
- Fixed players saving while sneaking being loaded too high up
- Fixed shift+click transferring items causing a crash when the target container is full
- Fixed lighting updates sometimes not happening correctly
- Fixed the players health appearing to be full when entering/exiting the nether
- Fixed a couple of instances where beds would act strange in multiplayer, primarily the “already occupied” bug
Minecraft Beta 1.6.4:
- Fixed 1.6.3 using more CPU despite it claiming to use less
Minecraft Beta 1.6.3:
- The renderer is now capped at 100 fps while there are chunks to be generated. The excess time will be spent generating chunks instead of rendering frames
- The “limit framerate” option now limits the game to 40 fps and will spend at least 10 ms per frame sleeping
- The “limit framerate” option has been reset to “off” for all players, enable it again if you want it
- Fixed some block updates not updating lighting properly under some circumstances by reverting the “don’t always send block data” fix in 1.6
- Fixed a major CPU load issue in the server where a very tight loop would starve all other threads
- Fixed furnaces dropping/duplicating their contents when they change state from lit to unlit or back
Minecraft Beta 1.6.2:
- Fixed an ACTUAL item duplication bug while picking up some items
Minecraft Beta 1.6.1:
- Fixed a visual item duplication bug when trying to pick up items while the inventory is full