Minecraft 1.8 Adventure Update Pre-Release Leaked by Mojang!
Mojang has outdone themselves again. Yesterday, Jens and Notch have just announced that the 1.8 pre-release .jar is available for public testing. It is important to remember that this is NOT The final release of 1.8, and is still extremely buggy. If you find any bugs, or need support, please join the #minecraft channel on irc.esper.net using your favorite IRC client!
The 1.8 pre-release will only work on legit copies of Minecraft, so all the more reason to buy it now :D
The Minecraft 1.8 Adventure Update has added some great new features to the already amazing indie sandbox game.
Here are the features that will be making it into the Minecraft 1.8 Adventure Update. The list is huge and quite awesome.
Fixes and Changes:
- Shift+Click on items will work correctly.
- Labels for items will be added.
- Redstone circuits not working after /time set x glitch going to be fixed in SMP.
- User-placed leaf blocks won't decay.
- Clouds won't go through buildings anymore.
- Rain and snow will now render faster.
- Cloud movement syncs with the time.
- Ghast attack sounds will be fixed in SMP.
Skeletons now hold full-size bows.
- Skeleton arrows originate from about their eyes to the bow, instead of above the head.
- The snout on pigs will protrude from their head.
- Pressing F will no longer alter render distance/fog, but will still be adjustable from the options screen.
- Passive mobs will randomly flee if attacked by the player or other mobs (such as Wolves).
- More Mob-To-Mob interactions.
- Armor bar moved to above hearts, due to food bar.
- At least 9 new crafting recipes.
- The ability to place pressure plates on fences.
Different game modes.
- Flying in Creative mode.
- Able to change time quickly and easily. Note:Notch is in debug mode
You will get unlimited resources in Creative mode.
- A new screen, the Unlimited Item Selection screen.
- Creative mode.
At least three new mobs.
New Enderman mob.
- They take damage from water.
- They emit black smoke particles, and will most likely drop "Ender Pearls".
New Silverfish mob.
- Very rare.
- Will spawn rarely when mining a block.
- New Cave Spider mob.
- New Enderman mob.
- Zombies drop a new item instead of feathers, Rotten Flesh.
- Endermen will drop Ender Pearls.
New features in the terrain generator; things which will only appear in new worlds/chunks.
Optional NPC Villages with farms and "town borders".
- Possibility of players to "claim" land in villages.
- Wells for villages.
- Made of: Cobblestone, Mossy Cobblestone, Wooden Planks, Wood, Torches, Cobblestone Stairs, Gravel, Fence, Glass and/or Glass Panes, Ladders, Wooden Doors, Crops, Farmland, Water, Lava, Furnaces, Iron Bars, Black Wool, and Pressure Plates.
- Contain "Smithies".
- Will spawn only on flat areas.
- Underground Ravines including canyons on the surface and ledges to walk on.
- Strongholds, consisting of 4 new blocks: Stone Brick, Mossy Stone Brick, Cracked Stone Brick, and Iron Bars.
- Abandoned Mine Shafts.
- Naturally found Cobweb.
- Optional NPC Villages with farms and "town borders".
- Totally new, fractal-based biome code.
New combat Mechanics.
- 3 different charged states; takes less than 1 second to fully charge.
- Fully charged bows causes the player to walk slower.
- When the player hits a mob while jumping.
- When the bow is fully charged.
Player blocking attack animation and hostile mob attack animations, possibly more player animations.
- Block "stance".
- Hold-to-charge bows.
- New farming options, more interesting farming.
New Food System.
There is now a food meter.
- Food no longer heals directly but indirectly.
- If the food meter is above a certain point, heals hearts about every 5 seconds.
- Food will be stackable.
- Food takes 1.6 seconds to consume.
- There is now a food eating animation.
- 5 new food items.
- Cooked Porkchops have a different texture.
- There is now a food meter.
- New achievements.
Sprinting: By double pressing the forward button, the player will move faster.
- Sprinting will be limitless, but will deplete your food bar.
- Hitting a mob while sprinting sends them flying about 8 blocks.
- Jumping while sprinting boosts the jump to a length of 4 blocks.
- Sprinting makes particles come up from the ground.
- Can be mined and picked up without breaking.
- Possibly Spike blocks, Jeb initially considered Spike Pistons, but then pondered making a Spike block that can be pushed by the Sticky Piston.
- Arrows will get stuck on mobs when they hit.
- They will not be climbable.
- Player can walk through them.
- Improved chest model with a 3D lock and an open state/animation.
- The ability to convert Creative worlds to Survival worlds ingame.
Graphics / UI / Audio:
- C418 mentioned new Minecraft music.
- New improved lighting — day/night cycles will not require chunk updates. Lighting will be updated via a texture, whose coordinates are the block's sky light and block light levels.
- Warmer light from torches.
- Moonlight is blue.
- New texture for Moss Stone.
- Sliders for field of view and Brightness in video options.
Redesigned HUD, including two new features, food and experience bars.
- Killing a mob gives you tiny flashing Experience Orbs that add to your experience.
- Possibly a web Applet launcher.
- A lot of new sounds and some changes, such as minecart sounds and shear sounds, also a change in the sound of rain.
New particle effects.
- Performing a critical hit on any mob will cause 'sparks' to fly.
- Explosion particles are now shockwaves instead of smoke.
- The ability to see the world seed when pressing F3.
- A new main menu background.
- The version in the main menu will be in the lower left, instead of the current upper left.
- Tiny stationary bubble particles will randomly appear and disappear in water.
- Multiplayer server list.
- Improved server join screen: The server join screen will feature a list of servers.
- Player List - Press tab in multiplayer and player list comes up.
- The ability to allow moderators to enter creative mode in SMP.
- Including easier changing of the max level (map) height.
- The terrain generation code is tidier.